Sunday, February 21, 2010

"At the command of the Lord they remained encamped, and at the command of the Lord they journeyed..." Numbers 9:23

The Lord orders our steps.  He tells us when to pick up and move and when to stay parked.  For now I am parked in a place I do not want to be.  You see I used to be parked somewhere else, I had a cute little cottage in California where I felt safe, comfortable and happy.  I enjoyed the company of friends and family, warm weather and year around gardening.  On top of that I had my favorite shops and places to enjoy myself.  Then one day it was all taken away when my husband came home and said that we had to move to Colorado to keep his job.  So we sold our cottage, left our friends and family and journeyed to Colorado where everything feels strange.  Nothing smells right, there is snow and ice and its cold!  On top of that, I am renting a house on a hilltop that I do not like.  I feel like this is a bad dream and I want to runaway.

Yes, I had a home in California.  I am homesick for it, but I did not always want to be parked where I was in in California.  There was a time when I was itching to move and the Lord told me I would move to Colorado, but I was to wait on Him about it.  As I waited on Him (for years), I learned to be content with where He had me parked in California.  Once I became content, that was the time I was moved to Colorado.

Psalm 27:14 says "Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart."  So I need to wait again, wait on Him and be of good courage.  Waiting on Him brings strength to my heart. I hope that one day I will feel contentment in my surroundings, I wait on Him to bring that about.

Praying, resting, waiting trusting ~
These are words that tell a story;
As we wait for God to lead us, 
He responds, "Just seek my glory."

~Hess