Saturday, April 25, 2009

Reaching Forward

Forgetting what lies behind
And reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal
For the prize of the upward call of God
in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13, 14

Today I have been cleaning house, digging into areas I have not touched in a long while. Since I have been married 25 years we have a good deal of memories. In amongst the boxes of pictures I came across some old journals and began reading. Looking back in the past I saw how many struggles I have come through. I realized that I have been in pain most of my life. The overcoming of all the trials and tribulations is all the Lord's work. Today I decided to shred all those old journals in an effort to forget what lies behind. The only thing I need know is that the Lord was there and He helped me through. And as we all must do, I move forward, following His call, my prize being His pleasure.