Friday, October 16, 2009

A New View

I have been feeling a bit depressed. The Lord has shaken our circumstances. We are very blessed that my husband did not lose his job, however, keeping his job requires us to move to another state. After living in the state of California for 48 years, moving away does not thrill me. Especially leaving the house that I have lived in the past 18 years. This is the first house Mark and I bought. All the work we have done to our home in the past 18 years we will now leave behind. My gardens, the trees we planted with our Cub Scout troop, my remodeled kitchen, etc. All these things have become dear to me, but yet, these are not the things I should be hanging on to.

I have been blessed beyond measure in my Little Blue Cottage and I can honestly say that I have not realized how much I have been blessed until being faced with moving away. Out of the depression I feel I have been afforded a view of something greater. God's faithfulness, His love, care and kindness. And I am blessed with the knowledge that it is not "things" I should hang on to, but HIM.

"But oh my soul, do not be discouraged, do not be upset, expect God to act! For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all that He will do. He is my help! He is my God!" ~Psalm 42:11