Wednesday, October 14, 2009

God Knows the Future

This morning my devotional was titled "Be Still" and it quoted the verse Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! ~ With what is going on in our country and within the state of California, this is a comforting verse. And for that matter, this verse is comforting concerning our family's future move to Colorado.

Lately, I have been praying that I will not stray from the Lord. That I will always choose Him despite the sufferings. As I see it, suffering is a proving ground. This quote makes sense to me "God knows the future, so we are safe in His hands." Despite what is going on around me, the Lord is my rock. He is ever present, unchanging, unmovable. I need to leave all with Him and trust. To rest comfortably in His care.