Monday, January 18, 2010

Drama Queen?

These days I have been feeling like God has it out for me.  My husband has to relocate to another state to have a job.  We have to leave our home where we have lived for all our lives and live away from family and friends.  On top of that we lost two dear pets in the midst of selling our home and I have been having health problems.  Is God, having it out for us?  I know that is not right, but I sure can relate to what Job said in his time of adversity.  Then, I think of that book called The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.  All the hardships of WW II that Corrie and her sister Betsy endured, okay, I think I have cornered the market on the phrase "Drama Queen".  Being that our country is in a recession, what is happening to our family is not unusual.  Because of this trial, I now know the pain and suffering of others in the same situation, I can relate.  Verses like:  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God..." (Romans 8:28) and "Be glad for all that God is planning for you , be patient in trouble, and prayerful always. (Romans 12:12) become more dear.