Monday, November 23, 2009

Earthly Thoughts?

This morning I was able to snag some reading time.  The title of the devotion was "Heaven on Earth".  It said to set our minds on things above rather than things on earth (Col. 3:2).  To go along with that I heard a message on the radio about Heaven.  Lately, I have been telling the Lord that I don't like it down here.  I don't like death, sickness, aging, unkindness, etc.  So the Lord has been speaking to me of Heaven.  I know for myself, I get so fixed on what is going on around me, that heaven seems like a fantasy.  But listening to what the Bible has to say about heaven and believing it is real, well, that is a stress buster!

But there is something special about earth.  Earth is the only place where we can receive salvation.  Each person born on this planet has the opportunity to accept salvation through Jesus, God's greatest most ultimate gift!  Without Him there is no real joy, security, future or peace.  On earth everything is passing away, withering, aging, decaying, etc.  In Heaven that all stops!  I get so excited knowing that someday I will live in a place where there is no pain, no sadness, sickness, etc.  Praise God for His love as shown through His Son.  Because of Jesus, my ultimate destination is Heaven.